are risking the lives of the drivers differently.
Denver Personal Injury Attorneys have to deal with many car accidents hit and run injuries
cases where the opponent driver is uninsured
. In these scenarios, it becomes critical for the plaintiff to understand the types of insurance coverage available to him or her.
The situation is difficult because the at-fault driver is uninsured and pay the compensation that the victim deserves. It can be very difficult for the plaintiff to figure out who will pay for his or her medical bills and property damage.
Uninsured Motorists Coverage Denver
Colorado Law prohibits everyone from driving a vehicle without insurance, whether you are driving a car, truck or motorcycle. However, the percentage of uninsured drivers on the road is still very high. If one is uninsured, they are putting other lives at risk because they will not be able to pay for the damages they have caused.
Under what conditions should plaintiffs make uninsured or underinsured motorist claims?
- When the opponent driver is uninsured and does not have any assets to pay for damages.
- The at-fault driver is insured but the kind of insurance policy he possesses is not sufficient to cover all of the plaintiff’s injuries, damages, and losses.
Following are the numbers of questions which flood the mind of the plaintiff when he or she is in an accident with an uninsured motorist:
- What is uninsured motorist (UM) or underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage?
- What should I do if another driver is not insured?
- Who will pay for my accident injuries or damages?
- What if my insurance company won’t pay for my damages?
- When can I file Personal Injury Claim?
- What to do next?
Even if you have not had a chance to approach any Personal Injury Lawyers in Denver, it is helpful to understand the basic guidelines for underinsured motorist claims in Colorado. Let’s check them out:
What are Uninsured Motorists minimum Insurance Requirements in Colorado?
As per Colorado Laws and regulations, every driver on-road is required to maintain a minimum of $25,000 in liability coverage. This is for bodily injuries coverage whereas the driver needs to have a minimum insurance of $15,000 for property damage.
Colorado was a ‘no-fault’ state before 2003 but since then, the state follows a ‘tort system,’ wherein the claiming party has to prove that the accident was the other party’s fault before he or she is entitled to a recovery.
Who is responsible to pay your claims?
In case of uninsured motorist’s coverage
, the victim can claim the amount of compensation from two parties: one is the defendant and the second is your own insurance company. It can be confusing to determine whom should you make your claim against and when? Here is the answer:
- You can always open up an uninsured or under-insured motorist claim with your own insurance company. In most cases, your insurance carrier will work with you to determine if there is any insurance coverage for the at-fault driver. If so, you can pursue a claim against that insurance company. Even if there is no insurance coverage for the at-fault driver, your insurance company will usually run an asset check on the at-fault driver at no charge to you.
- Assuming that there is no insurance coverage for the at-fault driver, you can claim the same damages from your own insurance company. This includes all economic loss, non-economic loss, and impairment, as well as your property damage. If you find yourself making an underinsured motorist claim, it is important to consult with a Denver car accident attorney in order to confirm the amount of insurance coverage that is available to you. Often, there is additional coverage that the insurance carrier does not want to inform you of. Make sure that you consult with a lawyer to ensure that your rights are protected.
How to tackle your insurance company if they deny paying?
In most cases, the insurance companies will not provide you with the compensation that you deserve. If you are unsure how to deal with your insurance company, let the experts deal with them on your behalf.
Hire Car Accident Attorneys Denver
It is a very confusing and complicated process, and your Car Accident Attorneys
know how to get your life back on track by handling every aspect of your case.
Don’t panic since we are ready to fight for your rights.
Consult one of the best Personal Injury Lawyers firms of Denver
now at 303-779-5300.