Our Practice Areas
HOW OUR DENVER PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS HELP YOU.
Award-Winning Personal Injury Lawyers
COURAGE. INTEGRITY. RESULTS.
Our award-winning Denver personal injury attorneys represent clients who have suffered mental and physical injuries due to the negligence of another person. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, medical bills, monetary losses, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses, and pain and suffering. We recover millions of dollars every year for our clients.
For most of our clients, this is their first experience dealing with insurance companies and the legal system. At this difficult time, when you are trying to recover from your accident, we understand that the system can be difficult to understand and navigate. Our experienced Denver personal injury attorneys can take the burden off you by handling all aspects of your case, allowing you to focus on recovering from your injuries.
We always provide a 100% free and confidential initial consultation to discuss the details of your case and show you how we can help.
CALL US TODAY AT 303-779-5300 FOR A 100 % FREE CASE EVALUATION.
The Denver personal injury lawyers at Fisher & Associates are prepared to help you fight for justice and the compensation you are entitled to. We will provide personal attention and address all your concerns.
Why You Need a Denver Personal Injury Attorney
GETTING COMPENSATION FOR YOUR ACCIDENT
Colorado personal injury laws are complicated, and insurance companies have powerful attorneys on their side. It’s easy for someone not familiar with the system to make costly mistakes. For example, Colorado has a statute of limitations, which is basically a time limit for filing a lawsuit. These time limits vary, depending on the type of case, but if you fail to file your claim within this time period, the courts will refuse to hear your case.
It pays to have a Denver personal injury attorney on your side from the start to:
- Investigate the circumstances of your accident, to gather evidence to prove that another party was negligent and that you were not at fault.
- Deal with insurance companies whose goal is to pay you as little as possible. Our Denver personal injury lawyers will aggressively work to get you the money you deserve.
- File a lawsuit and take your case to court and argue for you at trial if an agreement with insurance cannot be reached.
Whether negotiating with insurance companies, or investigating, building, or arguing your case in court, our personal injury lawyers in Denver can take the burden off you, so you can concentrate on recovery. Here are some answers to commonly asked questions about the personal injury process and the compensation we can get for you.
To win your personal injury case, our lawyers would have to show that another party, the defendant in the case, was negligent and therefore at fault for causing your injuries. Legally, negligence means showing:
- The defendant had a duty of care to you;
- The defendant failed that duty by certain actions or failure to act;
- This failure of duty caused your injuries;
- You suffered damages as a result.
Our personal injury attorneys look to prove negligence by investigating the scene of the accident and gathering evidence that shows the other party was at fault. We do this by:
- Examining the accident scene to get a picture of how the accident occurred;
- Obtaining police, first responder, and medical reports and records that document the accident and your injuries;
- Interviewing eyewitnesses;
- Gathering evidence from photographs and videos from surveillance and traffic cameras;
- Hiring expert witnesses to reconstruct the accident and provide testimony.
Damage awards vary greatly from case to case, depending on the circumstances involved, but can range from hundreds to millions of dollars. Factors that are considered in determining a personal injury settlement amount include:
- The seriousness of your injuries and whether they will be permanent and require lifelong care. Injuries such as paralysis are worth more than a broken bone that will heal;
- Lost earnings and whether you will be able to work in the future;
- Whether a death happened as a result;
- How much insurance coverage or personal assets are available. Once available insurance is exhausted, our personal injury lawyers can go after the assets of a negligent party;
- Whether the property was privately or government owned. There are limits to liability of government entities;
- The individual jurisdiction, judge, and jury if there is a trial, as some tend to be more generous than others.
According to Colorado law, even if you were partially at fault and contributed to the accident, you may still receive compensation. As long as you were not more than 50 percent at fault, our Denver personal injury lawyers can still help you win a settlement for the percentage that the other parties were at fault.
No. You should always seek the advice of an experienced Denver personal injury attorney before you accept any offer. Do not forget that the insurance company has lawyers working for them, so you should too. It’s important to remember that insurance companies are out for profit and will try to get you to settle for as little as possible. A common tactic in a personal injury case is to make you a lowball offer in return for signing a release. Don’t give in to the temptation to take this money quickly, as it will likely be for less than your case is worth, and if your injuries worsen and you wind up needing more care, you will not be able to get anything additional. Make sure you talk to your Denver personal injury lawyer before agreeing to anything. Let us handle negotiating with insurance companies.
Our experienced Denver personal injury attorneys will advise you on whether or not to go to trial, however, it is ultimately your decision to make. Trials are costly, can be disruptive to your personal life, take years to complete and there are no guarantees when a jury is deciding your fate. As a result, for most of our clients it is usually better to reach a settlement agreement outside of court. However, if negotiations break down, it may be necessary to take your case to trial. Factors our personal injury lawyers will consider include:
- The likelihood of getting more money for your case through trial;
- The circumstances of your accident and the amount of negligence of the defendant;
- Whether you were partially at fault and contributed to the accident;
- Whether there is strong evidence in your favor;
- Whether there are witnesses to testify on your behalf;
- The available amount of insurance and personal assets of the defendant;
- Whether it is essential to receive a settlement amount quickly.
No matter what your injury is or its cause, the personal injury attorneys at Fisher & Associates can advise you on the best course of action. When it comes to a personal injury, be aware that taking action quickly, while evidence is fresh and witnesses can be found, is essential to achieve the most successful outcome in your case.
To get started, call us today at 303-779-5300 for your free consultation.
Compensation Our Personal Injury Attorneys May Win for You
YOU MAY RECEIVE A DAMAGES AWARD
An accident can cause serious injuries that affect your life physically, emotionally, and financially. When your injury is caused by the negligence or fault of another party, they can be held liable. In Colorado, you may win an award, called damages, that includes payment for your monetary or economic losses, as well as non-economic damages that are less tangible and do not have a specific monetary value.
The amounts of damage awards vary according to the individual circumstances of the negligent behavior, and also the extent and permanence of the injuries that resulted.
Economic Damages: Will cover all your losses that have calculable monetary amounts, including:
- Your medical, prescription, and rehabilitation bills;
- Lost income from being unable to work;
- Property damage, such as cost of replacing a vehicle;
- Your out-of-pocket expenses;
- Funeral costs, in case of a death.
Non-economic Damages: Will compensate you for damages that do not have a specific dollar value, including:
- Pain and suffering;
- Loss of consortium and enjoyment of life;
- Mental anguish and anxiety.
Exemplary Damages: On rare occasions, usually to punish the at-fault party for conduct considered especially outrageous or egregious and to prevent others from acting similarly, exemplary damages may be awarded by the court in accordance with Colorado law.
The Denver personal injury lawyers at Fisher & Associates know how to examine the specifics of your situation and will fight for a damage award that pays for all expenses and losses you have had from the injury as well as projected losses you are likely to suffer in the future. We know how to estimate what is a fair amount for non-economic damages and will fight for this compensation as well.
CALL US TODAY AT 303-779-5300 FOR YOUR 100% FREE, NO-OBLIGATION CASE EVALUATION TO SEE HOW OUR ATTORNEYS CAN HELP YOU GET JUSTICE AND THE BEST POSSIBLE SETTLEMENT.
- ATTORNEY SHAWN HILLEWAERT
- ATTORNEY PAUL FISHER
What We Can Do For You.
At Fisher & Associates, we have years of experience dealing with cases similar to yours, and we take a personal interest in every client. As a result, you will have an attorney that you deal with personally. Your lawyer will get to know you and the details of your case and will be available to answer questions and concerns and to help you at any time. Our Denver attorneys provide a 100% free consultation to discuss your individual situation, address your needs and concerns, and come up with a plan to move forward with your case without delay.